Monday, April 4, 2011

Reading list...

I'm into fantasy these days. I'm really a science fiction person at heart (trying to find a logical explanation for it all and without resorting to deus ex machina). Fantasy is, I'm surprised to say, actually quite good  (as long as it doesn't involve swords and wizards - except Harry Potter). Especially the ones that fall in to the Urban Fantasy category. So, I got my hands on a bunch of these books and am making my way through them...

The mortal instruments trilogy

you know what I'm referring to as spooky...
This is the first one of this category for me. I liked it, a lot. I'd say innovative and spooky.


Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

out of this world

I loved this one. I thought the idea was great. can't wait to get my hands on the second book in the series... keeping my fingers crossed for another great one.

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Fallen for Fallen
I just finished Fallen, halfway through Torment and I must say, I'm impressed. Luce is quite a gentle character and I was afraid she would catch Bella-swann-itis somewhere in the middle of the novel. But, not so much... ' very impressed by Arianne though. Can't wait to read the third instalment.
Tormented by Torment
Do I have to say?...

The mediator by Meg Cabot

I read mean spirits... and want more

This was a fun and easy read. Too bad I started with the third book, but it's definitely a great series. I wan't to read more, definitely!

Need by Carrie Johnson

Even the pixies are meaner than E. Cullen
Pixies, not so cute after all. It was new for me but I liked it. Even if I'd only read the first novel. and I NEED to find the second book.

Sooo, want this!

I'm looking to get my hands on the Trylle trilogy, Artemis Fowl and maybe one of those vampire fiction novles (maybe not, I don't like the names - vampire academy... eugh) 

No comments:

Post a Comment