Tuesday, October 18, 2011

How Sir Arthur C. Clarke freaked me out today...

This should be the 'Late' Sir Arthur C. Clarke. I am  huge fan! I started reading his books ages ago (when I was young enough to think that the prologue to 2001: A Space Odyssey was actual history). We know that he introduced the Ge-stationary satellite concept way before satellite technology became a day to day staple in life. However, I'm not going to talk about his concepts. I will show you how the movie adaptation of 2001: A Space Odyssey freaked me out when I finally watched it.

Tablets: people actually thought the late Steve Jobbs was off his rocker when he introduced the iPad. Now, almost everyone has their nose glued to one. But the freaky part was, how Stanley Kubric, the director of 2001: A Space Odyssey, depicted the tablet addiction even before the capacity of a computer reached the capacity of my iPod.

tell me this isn't you at lunch today...
and this could have been you, at lunch yesterday...
The freaky part is that this was done in 1968. And the tablet is thinner than most Toshiba tablets. It actually looks suspiciously like an iPad.
And today, we have:




It would be really freaky to watch that particular scene of 2001 on a n iPad....
But that's not all. The movie also depicted the app addiction as well. Check this out,

Well, what do we have here, close that app and start working you... oh wait....O_o
Sadly I couldn't find a decent picture of someone playing chess on a tablet. But, I did find this,

He looks like he can beat Hal..
So, Kudos to Stanley Kubrick and the late Sir Arthut C. Clarke on picturing the millennium accurately 40 YEARS EARLIER. 

A useful link for your Apple product addiction:

No comments:

Post a Comment