Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Review on Black Swan,

I am all for creepy movies. Black Swan definitely qualifies as one. It has managed to portray Nina Sayers' psychosis with such dramatic brilliance that you start to feel for her and experience her euphoria in the last act of the movie. I loved 'the tale of two sisters', 'secret window' and 'the shinning' as they portray insanity with such effectiveness. I was expecting for some sort of a twist but, heck, twist endings are done to death (so much, in fact, you start to expect twist endings to appear in every movie) so I won't consider myself disappointed.

I personally think that this is Natalie Portman's best work and well deserves the Oscar nod she got. Mila Kunis: I'm happy for her, she has finally come out of 'That 70's Show' and managed to deliver a convincing performance as a bad but sweet kind of girl.
When I saw the trailer, I actually expected Natalie Portman to turn in to some sort of half-swan, half-human hybrid freak. Well, it did happen, and i am happy to say that my expectations are fulfilled, with bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment